Website Makeover

I finished the first draft of my work-in-progress last week, and I need to let it simmer for a week or so before I dive into the edits. It helps if I step away from project before I go in and start tearing it apart again. So I had this brilliant idea that I would give my website a makeover while the novel is resting.

I plowed into the project just as excited as I could be, but after about ten minutes I had to ask myself…


Seriously. I must be masochistic. There is a reason I’m a writer and not a web designer. I have no clue what I’m doing. But I kept trying. I’m on a first name basis with the guys at Go Daddy now, I’ve called them so many times in the past two days. But they got me switched over from the free Word Press account to this lovely baby that I am now paying for (so it better look good, dammit!).

I set up the new website on a temporary URL so my old site would still be up and running while I banged my head against the wall designed my new one. Then when I got up this morning, the old site was down. So I had no website at all.


Back on the phone with Go Daddy. It’s up and running again. But the paid version of Word Press is different than the free one, so I still have no clue what I’m doing. I spent ALL DAY yesterday and ALL DAY today working on this darn thing, and all I can think is



I must be a glutton for punishment. Anyway…I managed to put something together, and I’m pretty happy with it so far. It’s a work in progress, but I made it all by myself! Yay!


Have a look around and see what you think! If you find any glitches, please tell me it’s amazing anyway let me know so I can fix them. Thanks!